Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy S22 update center. Here you will find the latest information about the Samsung Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22 Plus and Galaxy S22 Ultra updates. We’ll break down the current software versions for each device and alert you if a new update is released. Samsung usually pushes updates to the entire chain, but this may vary by variant and carrier.
All three Galaxy S22 series phones were launched with Android 12 and Samsung’s One UI 4.1 interface on top. Samsung will offer four major Android OS updates for the Galaxy S22, S22 Plus, and S22 Ultra phones. The company also guarantees five years of security updates for all devices.
- Fixed current version: Android 12
- When will the Galaxy S22, S22 Plus, and S22 Ultra get Android 13? November 2022 (estimated)
Latest update for Samsung Galaxy S22, S22 Plus and S22 Ultra
July 11, 2022: Samsung Galaxy S22 phones are now getting the July 2022 security patch in the US. according to SamMobileThe update comes with firmware version S908USQU2AVF7 for carrier-locked versions of Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22 Plus, and Galaxy S22 Ultra. For unlocked models, the update comes with firmware version S908U1UEU2AVF7.
To check if an update is available for your device, head over to Settings > Programming Update and press Download and install.
Previous Samsung Galaxy S21 Series Updates
- June 4, 2022: The Samsung Galaxy S22 series received the July 2022 security update with firmware version number S90xEXXU2AVF9 in Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand.
- June 10, 2022: Samsung pushed an update with the S90 firmware version *NKSU1AVF1, according to Korean forum post. This 1.7GB update introduced improvements to the camera, including sharpness/contrast adjustments, single-shot fixes, and memory adjustments for video recording.
- June 2, 2022: Samsung has introduced the latest security patch for its flagship series (via SamMobile). The update came in at a whopping 1.7GB, which indicates that it should have a lot of bug fixes and possibly some new features as well.
- May 17, 2022: Samsung has already pushed out the May 2022 update for the Galaxy S22 series, which included the May security patch. However, it appears that Samsung is not done there, as a new update – firmware version S90xEXXU2AVE4 – is now rolling out (via SamMobile).
- 25 April 2022: Although it’s still April, Samsung is already pushing the May 2022 Android security patch to the Galaxy S22 series (via S90xEXXS2AVDD). Specifically, the patch appears to be for the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 variants. So far, the update has been spotted in India, Malaysia, the Philippines, and Sri Lanka, although it’s likely to land elsewhere soon.
- April 21, 2022: After pushing the Exynos-exclusive update yesterday, Samsung is now sending a different update to its Galaxy S22 series, according to Korean Samsung Community Forums (Across Tizen help). The update contains firmware version number S90xNKSS1AVDC, S90xNOKR1AVDC, or S90xNKSU1AVD8 and weighs approximately 636MB.
- April 20 2022: Samsung pushed an update for Exynos-powered S22 series phones, according to Users on Reddit and Samsung European Community Forum. The update contains firmware version number S90xBXXU1AVDA or S90xBOXM1AVDA and weighs approximately 485MB. The update also comes with the April 2022 security patch.
- April 4, 2022: Samsung delivered it update For Galaxy S22 series powered by Snapdragon (firmware version S90xEXXU1AVCJ). This reached 1.5GB and brought the April 2022 security patch as well. The update hit Exynos phones a few days ago.
- March 14, 2022: Samsung is now pushing a hotfix for the game throttling issue on the Galaxy S22 series. Latest firmware version S90xxXXu1AVC6 for Galaxy S22 models with Exynos 2200 processor.
- February 24, 2022: Samsung pushed the first day update for the Galaxy S22 series (via SamMobile). The firmware version for the update is S90xEXXU1AVB3. Samsung said it is fixing more than 60 security issues and vulnerabilities.
What Samsung Galaxy S22 update are you running? Let us know in the comments. Also, if you discover an OTA we haven’t, let us know!
If you are looking for another update, be sure to visit our Android 12 update tracker.