Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy S20 update center. Here you will find the latest information about the Samsung Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20 Plus and Galaxy S20 Ultra updates. We’ll break down the current software versions for each device and alert you if a new update is released. Samsung usually pushes updates to the entire chain, but this may vary by variant and carrier.
- Stable current version: Android 12
- When will Samsung Galaxy S20, S20 Plus and S20 Ultra get Android 13? March 2023 (estimated)
Latest Samsung Galaxy S20, S20 Plus and S20 Ultra Updates
July 11, 2022: Samsung has started rolling out the July 2022 security update for Galaxy S20 series devices in Europe (via SamMobile). The update is firmware version G98xxXXSEFVF4 and seems to contain only the security patch without any other new features.
To check if an update is available for your device, head over to Settings > system update and press Download and install.
Previous Samsung Galaxy S20, S20 Plus, and S20 Ultra Updates
- May 12, 2022: Samsung started rolling out the May 2022 security update for unlocked Galaxy S20 series devices in the US (via SamMobile).
- March 28, 2022: Samsung has started pushing One UI 4.1 update for the Galaxy S20 series in some parts of the world, and in the US, the update is rolling out to models unlocked with firmware version G98xUSQU2FVC5 (h/t) SamMobile). It also adds the March security patch for phones.
- January 31, 2022: Samsung pushed the February update for the Galaxy S20 series early. Firmware versions G98xFXXUDEVA9 and G98xBXXUDEVA9 came for 4G and 5G devices, respectively (h/t SamMobile).
- January 13, 2022: Samsung has rolled out the January 2022 security patch for the Galaxy S20 devices in the US. for every SamMobileThe update included firmware G98xU1UES2DUL2 and ten fixes From Samsung, as well as 52 from Google.
- December 28, 2021: Samsung launched the stable Android 12-based One UI 4 for the S20 family starting in Switzerland (h/t XDA Developers).
- November 10, 2021: according to Android lifeThe Galaxy S20 series is now receiving the November Android security patch across the Verizon network. Rolling out Verizon usually means most other countries/variants get it at the same time. Unfortunately, the security patch seems to be the only thing new in this offering.
- September 30, 2021: Next month’s security update is rolling out now to the Galaxy S20 lineup in South Korea. for every SamMobileThe update carries firmware version G98xNKSU1EUI3 and should include some fixes other than the October 2021 patch only. However, we won’t know what’s included until the rollout comes to other countries.
- September 17, 2021The Galaxy S20 trio has received the September 2021 Android security patch worldwide, including unlocked and carrier-locked models. according to SamMobileThe update brought firmware version G98xxXXSADUH5.
If you’ve discovered a Samsung Galaxy S20 update that we haven’t, let us know! Are you looking for another update? Make sure to visit the Android 11 update tracker.