Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip series update center! Here you will find the latest information about software updates for the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip and Galaxy Z Flip 5G. We’ll let you know the current software versions for each device and also give you an alert when new updates are released.
- Stable current version: Android 12
- When will the Galaxy Z Flip get Android 13? January 2023
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip Latest Update
August 1, 2022: Samsung’s Galaxy Z Flip line hasn’t been left in a quandary with updates, as the August 2022 security patch arrives for the 5G model. SamMobile Reports are that the update contains firmware version F707BXXU6GVG5 and is being pushed out in Switzerland now. However, there is no word on specific fixes and modifications.
You can check for the update manually by heading to Settings>Software Update on your phone.
Previous Samsung Galaxy Z Flip Updates
- July 11, 2022: The Galaxy Z Flip 5G has received the July 2022 security update in Australia, according to SamMobile. The update carries the firmware version number F707BXXU6GVF7 and arrived in other regions shortly after the Australian release.
- June 24, 2022: Samsung pushed the June 2022 security patch to the original Flip model, SamMobile mentioned. The update has firmware version F700FXXU8GVF3 and it landed in Europe first.
- May 18, 2022: Samsung pushed the May 2022 security patch to the Galaxy Z Flip in South America, XDA Developers You mentioned, it bears firmware version F700FXXS8GVD8. The United States will continue to receive the correction in early June.
- April 14, 2022: SamMobile It reported that the April 2022 security update landed on the Galaxy Z Flip 5G in France. The update came with firmware version F707BXXU6GVD1.
- March 22, 2022: Shortly after receiving the March 2022 security patch, XDA Developers It reported that the Galaxy Z Flip and 5G model received the One UI 4.1 update in the likes of Italy and Switzerland. Update It said He arrived in the United States a few days later.
- March 21, 2022: Galaxy Z Flip Receive The March 2022 security update, which comes with firmware version F700FXXS8FCV1. Unfortunately, the One UI 4.1 update is not included here.
- February 16, 2022: Samsung pushed the February 2022 security patch to the Galaxy Z Flip in a variety of countries across Asia and the EMEA and South American markets. SamMobile reported that the update came with firmware version F700FXXS8FVA2.
- January 31, 2022: After rolling out Android 12 to the Galaxy Z Flip 5G in Europe, Samsung made the One UI 4 update for the phone available in the US. according to SamMobileBoth unlocked and unlocked Galaxy Z Flip 5G models received Android 12 in the US. Carrier-locked models received firmware version F707USQS2EUL9, while unlocked models received firmware version F707U1UEU2EUL9.
- December 30, 2021: After rolling out Android 12 to the majority of its current flagships, Samsung has started pushing the One UI 4 update to the original Galaxy Z Flip and Galaxy Z Flip 5G. according to SamMobileThe update has been made available in Europe for both devices.
- December 29, 2021: The December 2021 patch has finally arrived in the US with firmware versions F707USQS2DUL1 and F707U1UES2DUL1 for carrier-specific and unlocked Galaxy Z Flip 5G models.
- November 30, 2021: Samsung has released the December 2021 security patch for users in Australia, Europe, and Singapore with firmware version number F707BXXS6EUK1.
- November 10, 2021: Galaxy Z Flip 5G Receive November 2021 security patch. The relevant firmware version number is F707BXXS5EUJ2.
- October 13, 2021: Samsung has introduced the October 2021 security patch to the Galaxy Z Flip. Firmware version F700FXXS8EUI2 fixed a lot of vulnerabilities but didn’t have any new features.
- September 24, 2021: Galaxy Z Flip received the September 2021 Android security patch in the US with the release of F700USQS4EUI1 (h/t) firmware SamMobile).
- August 31, 2021A major update has been rolled out to the Galaxy Z Flip. With the firmware number F700FXXU8EUH5, the patch included the highly anticipated One UI 3.1.1 update. The new UI revision brought Flex Mode Panel and Drag and Split support to the phone. Also included is the September 2021 Android Security Patch.
- August 5, 2021: update Brought August security update and a bit of a Samsung foldable phone.
- May 28, 2021A patch rolled out for the June security update release in late May. for every SamMobileFirmware version F707BXXS3DUE1 update packages.
- April 15, 2021: 4G model Receive Update with the April security patch in the middle of the month. Update too receipt on 5G variants later in April.
- February 17, 2021: A big update happened when Samsung announce One UI 3.1 is available for the Galaxy Z Flip (and a bunch of other phones). It offers an improved Single Take mode, object eraser tool, multi-mic recording, and more.
- December 2020: Both Galaxy Z Flip 4G and 5G models Receive One UI 3.0 update at the end of last year. The Android 11-based update introduced the usual Android 11 additions as well as most of the expected Samsung feature announcement tweaks. It also brought the December 2020 security patch.
- August 22, 2020: One UI 2.5 update rolled to Galaxy Z Flip 4G. This brought quite a few video recording options, the ability to request a Wi-Fi password from a contact, and a couple of other tweaks. We also got the August 2020 security update.
- February 15, 2020: Exactly a week after its launch, the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4G received its first software update. according to SamMobileThe Galaxy Z Flip 4G software update brought Single Take mode to the camera. The feature was supposed to be available on the phone out of the box, but it looks like Samsung was in a rush to get the phone out the door. The update also brought the February 2020 security patch.
Tell us which Galaxy Z Flip update you’re rocking in the comments. Also, feel free to let us know if you noticed a recent update that we missed!