Your Amazon Prime account is set up with a feature called Amazon Household that allows you to share a large number of your benefits with friends and family.
Add another adult to your digital home and enjoy easy features including parental controls for kids, unlimited photo storage, and a family library for sharing books, apps and games. Here’s how to get started!
How to add members to your family on Amazon Prime
1. Click Account and Lists From the dropdown menu on the top right side of your screen.
2. Scroll down to File Account settings.
3. Select a file amazon home (Opens in a new tab).
4. On the family home page, click Add an adult. You can only add one adult to your account.
5. Have the adult come in Login informationwhether they are a trial member or a main member.
6. Add up to four children to your family by clicking add baby.
7. Or you can add up to four teenagers by clicking Add a teenager.
8. Each child’s profile can be modified by clicking release under their avatar.
Once you’ve added everyone to your family – adults, teens, and kids – you’re all set to share content! Keep in mind that every adult will share their payment information under the same account, so it’s important to make sure you select the appropriate credit or debit card at checkout when purchasing products or content.
How to manage your content on Amazon Prime
1. Select your account From the dropdown menu on the top right side of your screen.
2. Scroll down to File Account settings.
3. Select a file amazon home (Opens in a new tab) Selection.
4. At the bottom of your family member’s home page, click Manage your family’s library.
5. Decide whether you want to share apps/games, audiobooks or e-books or not by clicking on them Share buttons.
6. Under Family Library, select Manage your content and devices.
7. Select Show instant video under Content tab.
8. Click Amazon Kids Show + fall under Your content.
9. Choose from your instant videos and select Add to Amazon Kids +.
10. Choose between videos and select the child To allow access to watch.
11. Click yes When you finish.
These are the basics of managing your content within your family account!
What other benefits are shareable with Amazon Prime?
Amazon Prime is more than just sharing content. For your annual subscription fee, you get access to a plethora of perks, including discounted express shipping on orders:
- Free 2-day, same-day shipping, and 1-day discounted shipping
- Head now access
- Prime Video access to thousands of movies and TV shows
- Prime Music has reached over 2 million songs
- Early Access to Amazon Lightning Deals
- Unlimited photo storage
- Free Kindle Books from the Lending Library
- 20% off diaper subscriptions
- 15% off discount on completing children’s registration
- 2% recharge every time you reload your Amazon.com Gift Card balance
- Exclusive Prime Prices on select popular products and an additional 10% off on hundreds of sale items at all Whole Foods Market stores
- Benefits of Twitch Prime
- Prime Fresh Benefits
By setting up Amazon Family, it ensures that multiple adults can access all of these features while keeping their separate purchase history and emails — useful for avoiding spoiler order confirmations around birthdays and holidays, or if you eventually split accounts and want to In keeping your purchases private.
There is always the option to remove members as needed, but if you so choose He left Your family, there is a 180-day period where no adult can add members or join other families. Setup is quick and easy, which is a great feature for Prime members who love to get involved.
Another advantage of this system is the accounts of teenagers and children. A teen account ensures that your teen can sign in to shared features like Prime Video and Prime Music, but to actually make purchases, they’ll place a request that an adult must approve first, preventing any fraudulent credit card abuse. A Child Membership gives children access to features but does not allow any purchases.
Our best equipment
Now that you know how to share your Amazon content with your family, why not get some new devices to enjoy that content? The best Alexa devices, from speakers to smart displays and Fire devices, will let you enjoy all the new perks available to being a part of Amazon Household.
The Fire HD 10 gives you a FHD display and 3GB of RAM for lag-free Prime Video streaming, Kindle e-books, and Amazon Music streaming. It even has powerful enough performance for productivity apps, and it’s a cheap option for taking notes in class or meetings.
Once you add your kid to the account, they’ll have access to your shared e-book library, and if you subscribe to Amazon Kids+, they’ll get a tailored set of content for kids aged 6-12. So you may want to buy them the Kindle Paperwhite Kids Edition to help boost their love of reading.
Finally, you may want to get an Amazon Echo Show, especially if another adult family member lives elsewhere. With a shared account, you can make Alexa calls between each other on your smart displays and easily stay connected.