Playing games on your smartphone is one of the best ways to keep yourself entertained. However, in some games it can be difficult to play when you just tap on the screen. Fortunately, it is possible to synchronize a conventional console. This is where it’s a good idea to connect your Nintendo Switch Pro console.
You can also easily connect the PS4 DualShock to Android, as well as the PS5 DualSense as the wireless Xbox controller, if you prefer to use one of these devices to play on some of the best gaming phones out there.
NB: You will only be able to use the Pro Controller if your phone is running Android 10 or later and if the game you are playing supports controllers. In addition, the process of syncing the console with your phone will be different from one phone to another.
How to use Switch Controller on Android
Keep in mind that some Android games – including some of the more popular titles like Genshin Impact – don’t actually support consoles natively, or sometimes even at all. So maybe it is a good idea to consider whether or not the game you are interested in playing supports the console on Android devices before you go through the Switch console pairing process.
1. Turn on your phone Bluetooth.
2. Press and hold Sync button on the top of the Pro console until the buttons on the bottom start flashing.
3. Next, go to your phone’s apps and open a file Settings existing.
4. Select Connected devices.
5. Select Pair a new device. Make sure your Pro console and your phone are close to each other when this happens.
6. The professional controller should appear in the list of available devices. Select Pro Controller to start the pairing process.
7. Once the pro controller appears as a connected device, it’s good to play with. Enjoy your gaming session! Note that some games will require you to go into Settings and choose the Pro controller as the main way to control the game.
Mobile games made easy
Here you are. You can now use the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller with your Android phone. Just remember that for this pairing to work, your phone must be running Android 10. So go ahead and enjoy some of your favorite mobile games.